CSC Motorcycles Warranty & Return Information
Your CSC Motorcycle has a 1-Year unlimited mileage warranty that covers materials and workmanship on all components except consumables or wear items. Consumable and wear items include: brake pads and rotors, clutch components, fork seals, chains, tires, inner tubes, hand grips, sprockets, and batteries. These items may be covered at CSC’s discretion if a failure occurs that is not related to wear. Batteries have a 6 month replacement warranty for failures not related to abuse, neglect, or sitting. Further exclusions include damage caused by alteration or modification to a stock part, neglect, abuse, or by accident or negligence, lack of maintenance or improper storage procedures, or use of unauthorized lubricants, chemicals, or fuels that are not compatible with or recommended for this vehicle, or failure of a part due to exceeding manufacturer's R.P.M. limits or intended use or non-operation. This includes fuel delivery components that have failed because of bad fuel. For any warranty claim, contact CSC Motorcycles for help with troubleshooting and diagnostics. Replacement parts will be sent directly to you via standard ground shipping at no charge. No warranty service will be covered without pre-authorization. The warranty is good from the date of purchase by the original purchaser, and this warranty is non-transferable.
All returns are subject to a 20% restock fee. No returns without receipt. No returns on electrical items. No returns on motorcycles. No returns after 14 days. No returns on special orders or close out items.
A Note About Batteries:
When we prepared your motorcycle, we used a top of the line Optimate battery charger/ tester to insure we install a good battery. It was then successfully test ridden before it was packed and shipped. The last thing we would want is a customer that can’t start and ride their brand new motorcycle when they first receive it.
For SG and TT owners, please refer to the starting instruction on your owners packet, website https://cscmotorcycles.com/content/tutorials/TT250-Starting-Procedure_Rev01.pdf, or YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ffxb5z8dw&list=PLi3kEU4PF--9wp1Q-_S-c3VVOEl1meGiV&index=14&t=414s
- Batteries perform poorly in the winter, whether they are new or not. Starting your engine puts a big drain on your battery. They work very hard for their small size and it’s very easy to completely drain a battery attempting to start a stubborn engine.
- Starting your bike every 30 days to warm up the engine and circulate fresh gas through the fuel system is a good practice, but this does not allow enough time for your alternator to fully charge your battery. The motorcycle does have a high power alternator. In order for it to completely charge a dead battery, you will have to ride your motorcycle at speed for 3 to 4 hours. It’s the same time it takes to completely charge your battery on a battery charger.
- Motorcycle batteries deplete 1% of their battery capacity everyday they sit and this leaves them suspectable to internal corrosion and irreputable damage.
The battery needs to be on a trickle charger to maintain a 100% charge and its health when sitting longer than 30 days.
If you suspect a faulty battery and want to submit a warranty claim, we need proof that the battery is defective and not just dead from sitting or failed starting attempts.
- Batteries have a 6 month warranty from the date of purchase
- Please take your battery to an auto parts store and have them charge and test it. Their equipment will show a reading or either “GOOD” or ”BAD”.
- Take a picture of this result and submit it for your warranty claim.
- Only if the battery is shown to be faulty will we sent out a replacement.
- If the battery is tested to be good and you are still experiencing technical issues please contact CSC Motorcycles for further diagnoses.