FT1000MD Mid-Drive Electric Bike
Service & Support
Excellent customer service and technical support from our expert technicians.
Every bicycle comes with a one-year unlimited mileage warranty.
Stock Replacement Parts
We stock replacement parts for all of our bicycles down to the tiniest bolt.
Online Maintenance Manuals
We conveniently offer service manuals, bonus materials, and videos online for free to help you maintain your bike.
Bike Sizing & Weight
- Bike Weight: 75.8 pounds
- Max Weight Capacity: 265 pounds
- Wheel Base: 47.24 inches
- Total Length: 75.20 inches
- Stand-over Height: 28.70 inches
- Seat Height: 33.66 to 40.75 inches
- Reach: 24.53 inches
- Handlebar Width: 29.13 inches
- Handlebar Height: 45.28 inches
Buchel Shiny 50
Integrated Buchel Shiny 50 lux luminosity LED Headlight operated from the display with nighttime sensor.
Bafang DPC-18 Display
Full color LCD digital IP65 rated display with speedometer, odometer, battery level, and customizable pedal assist level.
0°-60° Adjustable angle steering stem.
Removable integrated battery system with two keys.
M620 Bafang Motor
1000 Watt Bafang mid-drive motor with 117.5 lb-ft (160 Newton-meters) of torque.
Tektro E-500 Brakes
Front/Rear Tektro E-500 hydraulic brakes, twin-opposed-piston calipers with 7.1-inch (180mm) stainless steel discs.
The FT1000MD is CSC E-Bikes first mid-drive motor electric bicycle. This style of motor is used for higher efficiency and low power consumption to get the rider longer range. The maximum 160 N.m. of torque is excellent for hill climbs on mountain trails. You will also experience low noise, smooth operation and improved mileage over hub drive electric bike setups.
The FT1000MD is built around a lightweight aluminum alloy chassis. The lockable battery uses high-quality Lithium cells to deliver power to the 1000-watt Bafang mid-drive motor. Pedal-assist rates can be adjusted to five levels giving the rider from 25-50 miles of assisted pedaling. The thumb-operated throttle can power the FT1000MD to 20 mph (max speed for Class 2 electric bikes) without even pedaling and adding pedal power can boost maximum speed above 27 mph.
Premium quality components are used in the construction of the FT1000MD. CSC uses Bafang M620 motor, 6061 aluminum frame, Tektro E-500 hydraulic brakes, and huge 180mm stainless steel rotors for excellent stopping power.
Lightweight aluminum is also used for key components such as the pedals and crank, wheel rims, and tapered handlebar. Instrumentation is provided via the Bafang DPC-18 IP65 backlit LCD Display is the one of the newest and most updated displays with improved accuracy on the battery gauge. The full color LCD screen comes with an updated sleek speedometer design that allows the rider to easily view the time, power assist level, trip distance, speed, remaining battery and estimated available range. You can use the 5V 0.5 amp USB output port for charging a cell phone or other small electrical devices. The easy to use control pad makes turning the bicycle on or changing settings a breeze.
Thoughtful convenience and safety items are part of the FT1000MD package. LED headlights and taillights enhance rider conspicuity. The handy USB port is provided to power electronic devices. A protective cage is fitted over the derailleur to prevent drivetrain damage, and frame tabs are ready to mount rear fenders or racks.
FT1000MD Standard Features:
- 1000 Watt Bafang M620 Mid-Drive Motor
- Light weight aluminum alloy frame
- Lockable semi-integrated 48V16Ah lithium battery, 768 Wh total battery capacity
- Integrated speed & torque sensor
- Tektro E-500 Auriga dual piston hydraulic brakes
- Huge 180mm stainless steel rotor
- Bafang DPC-18 IP65 rated full color backlit display
- Easy-to-use control pad
- 5V 0.5amp USB output for powering electronic devices
- LED Headlight & tail light
- 8-Speed Shimano Altus derailleur
- Gearshift Sensor to Protect the Drivetrain
- Adjustable Angle steering stem, 0-60 degrees
- Front suspension with 3.94" travel, with 8 levels of damping adjustment plus a lockout setting, and spring-preload adjustment
- Maximum Weight Capacity 265lbs