CSC Motorcycles, renowned for its exceptional customer service, brings its smart sourcing and innovative delivery model to electric bicycles with the new FT750XP-20. This fat-tire electronic bicycle is specced out with quality components and desirable features that deliver unmatched value in the e-bike marketplace. Delivered to your door for only $1,688.
The FT750-XP is built around a lightweight aluminum chassis rather than heavier steel frames, and it uses a battery pack that fits integrally into the frameâs downtube for an ultra-clean appearance. The battery uses high-quality Samsung lithium cells to deliver 653 watt-hours of energy, enough to help power the bike for 25 to 40 miles, depending on the amount of pedal assistance provided by its rider.
The lockable battery pack sends its energy to an intelligent brushless controller and then to a first-rate Bafang 750-watt motor mounted in the rear-wheel hub. Pedal-assist rates can be adjusted to five levels, while a thumb-operated throttle can power the FT750-XP to 20 mph (max speed for Class 2 electric bikes) without even pedaling. Adding pedal power can boost maximum speed above 25 mph.
Like the Samsung battery, Bafang motor, and 6061 aluminum frame, the rest of the FT750âs components are also premium quality. Some bicycle brands use primitive cable-actuated brakes, while CSC chooses TEKTRO hydraulic brakes biting on huge 180mm stainless steel discs for excellent control.
The esteemed DMP brand is also found on the 7-speed 11-34 Freewheel gear set and SHIMANO ACERA derailleur that provides adaptable gear ratios to tackle everything from steep hills to urban road speeds. The Shimano index shifter clearly displays which gear is selected. A dual-sided front sprocket guard ensures the chain remains on track even when ridden over rough terrain.
Rider comfort is aided by a front suspension with 3.94 inches (100mm) of bump-absorbing travel, able to be fine-tuned with 8 levels of damping adjustment plus a lockout setting, as well as spring-preload adjustability. Fat Kenda Juggernaut tires look brawny and provide additional bump absorption.
Lightweight aluminum is also used for key components such as the pedals and crank, wheel rims, and tapered handlebar. Instrumentation is via a 2.6 x 3.8-inch LCD display that monitors speed, pedal-assist rate, battery charge, trip information and even ambient temperature.
Thoughtful convenience and safety items are part of the FT750-XP package. LED headlights and taillights enhance rider conspicuity, as does a handlebar-mounted bell. A handy USB port is provided to power electronic devices, and a water bottle holder enables riders to stay hydrated. A protective cage is fitted over the derailleur to prevent drivetrain damage, and frame tabs are ready to mount rear fenders or racks.
The FT750XP-20 offers 20-inch wheels and retains all of the features of its bigger brother, the FT750XP-26 26" version, but reduces the step-over and seat heights. CSCâs electric bicycle lineup will be growing in the coming months with a range of convenience and comfort accessories.
The FT750âs modest $1,688 price is due to CSCâs innovative business model of selling direct to consumers and is backed by a company dedicated to outstanding customer service. The price includes free shipping anywhere in the contiguous 48 U.S. states, and the bikes are backed by a 12-month warranty.
- Frame: 6061 aluminum alloy, high-step type
- Frame Size: 15 inches
- Max Capacity: 264 pounds
- Motor: 750-watt Bafang geared hub
- Motor Torque: 37 lb-ft (50 Newton meters)
- Pedal Assistance: Five assist levels, 1:1 cadence pedal assistance
- Initiating mode: Pedal-assist and thumb throttle
- Battery: Samsung 18650 35E 3500mAH, lithium NCA (LiNiCoAlO2)
- Battery Specs: 48 volts, 13.6 amp-hours, 652.8 watt-hours
- Battery Weight: 6.56 pounds (2.98kg)
- Range: 25 to 45+ miles (dependent on usage)
- Controller: Intelligent brushless 48V750W
- Charger: 54.6V2A 100-240V input
- Charging time: 6-8 hours
- Max speed: 25-28 mph (40-45km/h)
- Front fork: Aluminum alloy, gold-anodized tubes
- Front suspension: 3.94 inches (100mm) of travel, 8 levels of damping adjustment plus lockout, preload adjustable
- Brakes: F/R: Tektro hydraulic E-500 brakes, twin-opposed-piston calipers
- Brake rotors F/R: 7.1-inch (180mm) stainless steel discs
- Gearing: Shimano 7-speed (11- to 34-tooth range), Shimano Acera derailleur
- Handlebar: 6061 aluminum alloy
- Instruments: LCD display (2.6 x 3.8-inch), battery charge, speedometer, odometer, tripmeters, temperature, max speed, average speed, battery voltage, PAS level
- Crank: Aluminum alloy, 170mm length, 48 tooth
- Pedal: Aluminum alloy pedal (black)
- Headlight: LED, 3-watt, with USB charger port
- Tail light: LED, 3-watt
- Wheels: 20-inch double-wall aluminum alloy, stainless steel 12-gauge spokes
- Tires: Kenda Juggernaut Sport, 20 x 4 inches
- Seat: Ergonomic saddle with drop-channel:
- Stand-over Height: 24.4 inches
- Seat Height: 33.9 to 39.4 inches
- Curb Weight: 55.1 pounds
- Frame Colors: Matt Black with Green graphics or Gloss White with Black/Charcoal graphics
- Warranty: 12 months